Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would YOU try JanuHAIRY? University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would YOU try JanuHAIRY? University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

A month-long campaign encouraging women to grow out their body hair is happening for the first time.

Januhairy, set up by student Laura Jackson, 21, from Warwickshire aims to help women love and accept their natural hair while raising money for charity - rather like a female version of Movember.

The Exeter University student said she came up with the idea after growing out her own hair for a performance.

'Though I felt liberated and more confident in myself, some people around me didn't understand or agree with why I didn't shave,' the third-year drama student said.

'I realised that there is still so much more for us to do to be able to accept one another fully and truly.'

Women from around the world have signed up to the challenge, from Spain to USA and Laura hopes to raise £1,000 for charity Body Gossip’s education program, which teaches young people about body image.

Read More:
Working...
X